Tuesday 15 May 2012

Instant Newton

I am beginning to venture my interests further into instant photography as a result of my infatuation with film photography. I have been meaning to buy a Polaroid for some time now, and after writing this post and looking at these images I think I might just order do so straight away. Photographers often use the form of instant photography to test their shoots. The one off prints that develop in a matter of seconds from the click of the shutter allow photographers to preview a shoot before capturing final images. 

Helmut Newton has been for some time and I'm sure will remain one of my most adored practitioning photographers. Newtons book 'Polaroids' is a collection of his Polaroid test shots and after looking at these wonderful photographs, as well as purchasing my own Polaroid camera; I think I'll also buy the book.





Images: Helmut Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment