Wednesday 9 October 2013

Lately I have been...

So it's back to university and on attempting to start my final major project for my third and final year I came up completely blank. I just needed some me time to get creative and interested in what I love again - I was in dire need of inspiration!

To get me kick started I set off into the heart of London to visit a few exhibitions. I would strongly advise all of the below to any person who wants to feel inspired or can appreciate the creative world. 

I was especially thrown back by some of the amazing talent I pondered for almost 3 hours over at the Paper exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery. I honestly thought I would be there under an hour (which totally messed up my schedule for the day) but triple that and thats how long I spent looking in detail at the variety of beautiful and unique pieces. With the great diversity present, I didn't appreciate it all but there was so much there that I couldn't take me eyes off - an exhibition with something for everyone!

When looking at photographs I like and photographers I admire I shamefully find myself mindlessly typing their names into google. Nothing beats seeing the works up-close and printed in such great quality with that silver finish, it enabled me to appreciate every single detail. From now on I am sure to go see works face on instead of over the internet, the quality of print and settings set the works to their full potential. 

I am so glad I took the first few weeks of university to explore and ignite my passion again, it has set me up to face the music...

If anyone has been to a great exhibition or interesting gallery that they think I could enjoy - please feel free to forward a suggestion, it would be much appreciated! 


Jessica x



ICA - Off-Site: A Journey Through London Subculture: 1980s to Now @ The Old Selfridges Hotel

Lucky PDF
Photographed by: Jessica Gates

Dayfdd Jones
Photographed by: Jessica Gates


Avedon @ Gagosian Gallery

Richard Avedon


Robert Mapplethorpe: Fashion Show @ Alison Jaques Gallery

Robert Mapplethorpe

Robert Mapplethorpe
Photographed by: Jessica Gates


Paper @ Saatchi Gallery

Yuken Teruya
Photograph by: Jessica Gates

Marcelo Jácome
Photographed by: Jessica Gates


New Order: British Art Now @ Saatchi Gallery

Nicholas Deshayes
Photographed by: Jessica Gates

Nicolas Deshayes
Photographed by: Jessica Gates


Philip-Lorca diCorcia: East of Eden @ David Zwirner

Philip-Lorca diCorcia



No comments:

Post a Comment