Tuesday 13 March 2012

Labs...

Today with my university I visited two printing labs, one digital - The Prints Space and one analogue -  Labyrinth Photographic. It was actually very interesting to see how printing is done in a more professional environment to what I am currently used to. Some of the printing quality was gorgeous and really enhanced the images. It was helpful to visualise how you could have them printed physically and displayed professionally compared with what I am used to, on my home printer or in Jessops. The Print Space very kindly gave us each a free print. As always I left it till the last minute to decide so just went along with what was on my memory stick, and this is the image I got printed:


This image was take on black and white film using my Pentax camera. It was a portrait of a piece to display people in the environment that I feel represents them. This is a scanning of the negative which you can see although I tried to take care of it, is not in the best condition. Coincidentally I think this fits the image content perfectly 


Image: Authors Own

No comments:

Post a Comment