Thursday 8 March 2012

Me...

I thought I'd explain my profile picture so here it is. This is a self portrait of myself created for a university project called 'Open Up'. That is basically all there is to it, I wanted to portray myself in my rawest form, to show what I actually look like. Instead of a face full of makeup and my hair styled I took the picture with my hair scraped off my face and no make up, just how I was looking at the time I decided to shoot. I was actually meant to take my necklace off for the photograph and be completely bare but, I forgot! I would rather the necklace not be in the image at all (I didn't actually place it where it is lying) but, it works well in displaying my love for photography. 


I shot this using self timer on my digital SLR (canon 450D) and the standard lens it came with (Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS). As I have no lighting and studio all I did to create this set up was turn the lights out and shine a basic desk lamp onto my face. 

I like how you can see all the hairs, skin pores and freckles. I love this raw style of imagery, I'm all for retouching a photograph to enhance it, but not to change a persons appearance. The picture is of half of my face as this is just worked better for the final image. I can't explain it but comparing it the the image off my full face it is just more impacting. I like the empty space surrounding me, I have a thing for empty space in photographs. So thats me...


Image: Authors Own
Necklace: Ebay 

No comments:

Post a Comment