Friday 15 February 2013

Mary Katrantzou S/S12 & A/W12

As we all know, today marks the start of LFW. Whilst wishing (no... praying) I was able to be there, I am still buzzing from the brilliant opportunity I gained on the eve of the biggest event in the fashion calendar! Sponsors of LFW, Vodaphone invited over 1000 customers into the official BFC show-space to an exclusive private view of Mary Katrantzou's amazing creations. The catwalk show was spilt in two with backstage hair/makeup and a video message from the lovely Mary herself which separated her S/S 12 and A/W 12 collections. 

I managed to come by the chance of photographing the show from the official photographers pit. Apart from being in the audience at London Fashion Weekend I have never documented a catwalk. So, this was evidently going to be a little daunting for my first experiment with runway photography. And it was, but as soon as I was looking down the lens at all the beautiful pieces from such an iconic designer and one of my favourites, I was completely in the moment! And believe me... It was incredible - I enjoyed every second, every step taken and every click of the shutter. 

I haven't had a chance to edit down the hundreds of pictures I managed to capture so here is a couple of shots of the army of models as a preview:


A sea of red soles:


More to follow soon!
Jessica x

Images: Jessica Gates

2 comments:

  1. Oh you jammy cow Mary Katrantzou! This is one of the shows I didn't get a ticket for but longed to see! Gorgeous dresses x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know aren't I just! It was so beautiful and free - even jammier!

      Jessica x

      Delete