Tuesday 18 December 2012

My Christmas Wish-list...

Now I'm not spoilt, and will not be expecting to receive any of these, but a girl can dream right! I have chosen 8 items that I would like to get my hands on this christmas:




1. Since going to the British Fashion Awards back in November, I have been extremely upset with myself for leaving my camera at home, so many missed photo opportunities! The ridiculous reason I left my camera at home was because I didn't have a nice enough bag to put it in. Stupid I know, but when you have tried to look your nicest, the usual camera bag kind of ruins the outfit. Since then I have been looking for a camera bag to put my SLR in when I go on a night out. Unfortunately I can't find a 'posh' camera bag that doesn't look like a hikers backpack anywhere. And even though I have found some lovely gems they have all been casual. On the upside to this I stubbled across this lovely hard case leather camera bag from 'drop it MODERN'. I love it! Although modern it has a vintage approach and it looks like it will keep all your equipment safe with its structured interior, containing an abundance of compartments for all sorts. The 'clubbing camera case' search continues! 

2. I love a classic shirt, and am constantly buying clothes in sizes two sizes to big (or more). I have also recently fallen in love with Cos, so how suitable is this oversized shirt, in one of my favourite colours, green - it's square shape allows for a really relaxed fit! 

3. I have been wanting a LomoKino for a long time now. I have an extreme fascination with film photography, and thought this would be a wonderful way to transition myself into moving image. Then this MUBI edition has been released and I want one even more!

4. I have recently come across Regal Rose from twin sisters Rebecca and Louisa Warwick, and they produce some of the most beautiful jewellery. I love this handmade geometric armlet by the girls; the chain is adjustable around your upper arm with the longer chain that drapes below. Something I will definitely be adding to my wardrobe.

5. A dear friend of mine, who I don't actually see often but will always hold close to my heart happens to have the most bounciest of hair! She tells me it's down to these BaByliss Thermo Ceramic Rollers. I have naturally very curly hair but I like to get loose curls using tongs or straighteners. My friend tells me she puts these on first thing, then whilst they are in she has breakfast, does her makeup etc and then takes them out and is ready to go! What a time saver! 

6. I have notoriously puffy eyes with dark under eye circles. I am aware that this is purely down to genetics but I like to try! I have heard great reviews on Liz Earle products but haven't actually tried any.  So, I thought a good place to start would be with my problem area. Eyebright soothing eye lotion when soaked on cotton wool is a gentle and soothing way to wake up and revitalise eyes, which is definitely what I look for in the morning.

7. I have been experimenting with different lenses recently, which I have had on loan from my university. One I instantly fell in love with was the 50mm lens (of which I can't remember the exact one). I have actually asked for this from Santa, I opted for the Canon EF 50mm f1.8 MK2. I can't wait to get my hands on it (if I have been good enough this year) and experiment with the wide aperture. Hopefully some lovely christmas day photographs with follow!

8. Ever since I came across the Balenciaga Cutout Boots early this year I have been on the prowl for an alternative. I have found a few from Topshop (which I have seen on so many feet) to Jeffrey Campbell. But the ones I am truly craving are Jeffrey Cambell's, Roscoe boot. Not only do I love the shoe alone, but I adore this green shade they are available in, something a little different from your usual black boot.

Jessica x

2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog you have here! I've really been enjoying your blog!

    Come check me out :)
    elliebeaa.blogspot.com

    x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thank you... :) just about to have a look at yours x

      Delete