Thursday 20 December 2012

One Day...

During our last project I had my first chance to attempt street style. This was a feature in our magazine concept 'Avenue', for mature women with style, purpose and substance. This proved extremely difficult, we knew these amazing woman were out there, but they were definitely hiding and we just couldn't find them anywhere! Until one Friday me and a few from the group took a visit to Portobello Market, where we found some absolute gems! These women are sure to put us youngsters to shame! 




This woman (above) would you believe it is 63, with no work! She literally didn't have a single crease on her face. Unfortunately I forgot to ask her secret, which I now will never know! 





These two above were so fun! They were best friends and both looked incredible! The one in the purple coat as she walked away shouted 'live life to the full'. It's women like these that actually get me excited about growing older.





This stunning ring that this lovely lady was wearing had a just as beautiful story to go with it. It was a gift from her husband, the flowers on the ring resembled all her children, and she was the vine that kept them all together. 



All Images: Jessica Gates (Author)

Then me and group member, Emily Grimes had the task of putting these images along with some taken by Aqsa Khan into layout, and this is what we came up with: 




Jessica x

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I'm now following you on GFC.

    I'm having a give-away at my blog! Would love it if you entered! http://beautytricks1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/crazy-angel-giveaway.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete