Thursday 5 April 2012

Film Noir

This series of work was created inspired by 1940s Film Noir cinema. In Film Noir, there are three different types of women portrayed, one of which is the 'femme fatale'. In the movies a femme fatale character often wishes for more in life and ends up killing her husband of whom she is in a loveless relationship with. I chose to portray this in my series, it encapsulates the climax, emotion and suspense before the murder. 

The beautiful model styled her hair and done the simple makeup herself with my guidance just before the shoot, all i did was add the hat and clip the front. Everything was sourced and styled by myself, mainly from my own wardrobe, except for the underwear and coat which my friend had brought along to the shoot and they were perfect. 

It was shot in my boyfriends nan's house which has a great eclectic interior, perfect for my theme. The lighting was created using an outdoor floodlight; it is very Film Noir and worked pretty well considering I had no access to studio lights. I am in love with the outcomes and very proud, here is a selection:





Images: Authors Own

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work. Massive fan of Film Noir and Femme Fatales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge fan of the D.I.Y. ideal: 'it's not what you use, but how you use it'. Do you still use outdoor floodlights? Or have you found other methods since, to help you along the way.

    ReplyDelete